- Historically accurate reproduction of famous Brown's Beach Cloth fabric, knitted on a raschel knitting machine
GO TO PRODUCT PAGE →
- Double-face knit keeps soft cotton face against your body and tough wool shell on the exterior
- Thick, soft, tightly knit fabric is extremely warm and comfortable
- 74% wool / 26% cotton
- Water- and wind-resistant
- 3-snap lapel
- Detachable throat tab
- Center vent
- Brown's Beach embossed metal snap buttons
- Black cotton herringbone tape piping on pockets, lapels, and hem
- Snap closure at cuffs
- Made in Japan
This jacket was made in Japan for The Hill-Side by one of two companies who share the license to use the Brown's Beach brand name, and the right to reproduce the proprietary wool/cotton fabric that originally made Brown's famous in the early 20th century, and ultimately gave the Worcester, Massachussetts -based brand its cult following among vintage enthusiasts.
This special fabric is tightly knitted from a blend of 74% wool and 26% cotton yarns, with a double-face knit that keeps the soft, fuzzy cotton close to your body and the tough wool fibers on the exterior. It is extremely warm; super comfortable and flexible; water- and wind-resistant; and famously durable.
The jacket itself is produced with construction details, trims, and branding that make it historically accurate to circa 1920s/30s Brown's Beach pieces. The pattern is based on our standard tailored jacket, with three snaps up the lapel, a removable chin strap, three outer pockets, and a center back vent.
This jacket fits about one size smaller than our standard tailored jackets, designed to be worn as a somewhat roomy outerwear piece. For example, if you wear a 38 in our standard tailored jackets, you should order a size 40 in the Brown's Beach Tailored Jacket.